A career as a dental assistant is a great way to start your career in the dental industry! Dental assistants play an important role in the dental office, providing support to the dentist and dental hygienist in a variety of tasks. As a dental assistant, you will be responsible for tasks such as chairside assisting, taking x-rays, and cleaning patients’ teeth.
Dental assistants must be detail-oriented and able to work well under pressure. They must also have good communication skills, as they will be working closely with patients. If you are interested in a career as a dental assistant, read on to learn more about what the job entails and what you can expect.
Recommended: The 10 LPN Travel Nurse Agencies Near Boston, MA (Hiring Now)
Job Title: Dental Assistant in Las Vegas, NV
Company Name: Primecare Benefits Inc. Las Vegas, NV, USA
PrimeCare Benefits is a leading dental health benefits organization in the Western United States. People drive success by delivering on promises, innovating ways to access and make dental care affordable, maintaining perspectives that reflect the diversity of our customers, and taking responsibility to help the communities we serve.
PrimeCare Benefits assists people in living longer, healthier lives by providing affordable dental care from reputable dental professionals who share similar values.
Nevada Dental Benefits Ltd. is looking for a full-time dental assistant to help with patient-centered care in Las Vegas, NV dental office. A dental assistant who wants to motivate patients and promote good oral health as an important part of overall health and well-being.
• Appropriately prepare the operatory for the exam or dental procedures to be performed Appropriately prepare the patient for their visit with the dentist while providing excellent customer service
• Assisting the dentist
• As directed by the dentist or hygienist, provide patient education on disease prevention, diagnosis, and treatment.
• Assist with caries management protocols, such as fluoride treatment, personalized oral hygiene instructions, and patient education.
• As directed by the attending dentist, expose and scan radiographs.
• Assigned lab work
- Two years of experience as a Dental Assistant
- An accredited dental assisting program certificate
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- CPR certification
• Maintain appropriate clinical notes in the electronic health record.
• Assist with disease management projects as assigned, which may include attending Health Fairs or providing patient outreach.
• Carry out any other responsibilities delegated by the Attending Dentist, Chief Clinical Officer, or Dental Practice Manager.
• Compliance with CDC guidelines for infection control and instrument processing.
• Compliance with office OSHA protocols including the Blood Borne Pathogens Standard
- Salary will be determined by experience and skills.
- The Dental Assistant will be a full-time employee of the company, and as such, will be eligible for benefits provided to employees at comparable levels of employment.
Job Title: Pediatric Position in Las Vegas, NV
Company Name: Sunrise Hospital
The 762-bed hospital has been serving the community for more than 60 years and is Nevada’s largest
acute care facility and Level II Trauma Center, providing the Southwest region with high-quality, advanced healthcare services such as:
- Inpatient and outpatient cardiac and thoracic programs are available.
- Nevada Neurosciences Institute offers both inpatient and outpatient services.
- Breast Center with Accreditation
- Bariatric surgery program that is accredited
Sunrise Hospital also provides comprehensive programs for
- Surgical services include a well-developed orthopedic, neurosurgical, and spine program.
- Sunrise Burn and Reconstructive Center – including wound care
- Maternity and high-risk obstetrics are among the services provided to women.
- Services in urology
- Services for digestive health
- Services for robotics
- Outpatient diagnostic imaging with a full range of services
- Services for Rehabilitation
A large organization in Las Vegas, Nevada is looking for a full-time BC/BE Pediatrician to join a growing dynamic team in a dedicated 20-bed pediatric emergency department. Volumes are
approaching 45K to 50K, with excellent subspecialty coverage that includes, among other things, Neurosurgery. Pediatric surgeons are responsive and forward-thinking.
Child life and peds social work are well-represented in the emergency room, with full scribe coverage. Rapid medical examinations in triage with low and moderate acuity patients in the pediatric fast track area and the main pediatric emergency department will be among the responsibilities.
- Pediatrics BS/BC
- Possibility of obtaining a Nevada license
- 401(k) with annual matching program, health (various options), life, vision, dental, and disability insurance
- Medical education, both advanced and continuing
- Opportunities for leadership development and advancement
- 15% off employee stock purchase plans
- Insurance for professional liability
- Support and payment for required licenses and hospital accreditation
Dental assistants play an essential role in the dental industry. They are responsible for a variety of tasks, including chairside assistance, sterilization, and patient education. Pediatric dental assistants play a particularly important role in helping young patients feel comfortable and relaxed during their dental appointments.