Are you interested in an entry-level cyber security job in Houston, Texas? If so, you are in luck! Houston is home to some of the top cyber security companies in the world, and there are many entry-level positions available for those interested in pursuing a career in cyber security.
Whether you are looking for an opportunity to learn the fundamentals of cybersecurity or are a seasoned veteran looking for a new challenge, Houston has a wide range of cybersecurity opportunities for you to explore.
From government agencies to top-tier Fortune 500 companies, the Houston area has a wide range of cyber security positions available for qualified candidates. With the right mix of experience and education, you can find a position that fits your career goals and lifestyle. So, what are you waiting for? Apply now and take the first step towards a successful career in cyber security!
Entry Level Cyber Security Jobs in Houston, Texas
Job title: Cybersecurity Analyst (Remote Local, Rotating Shifts, Including Nights and Weekends) – IS-Security[Apply Now]
Job Details: Full Time. Annual salaries will range from $56,080 to $70,100, depending on experience. (starting salary)
Location: 0113 – Administration Bldg
Company name: The University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston, TX
Employee Position: Non-Manager
Benefits for employees: Starting salary
Annual salary will vary from $56,080 to $70,100, depending on experience.
Qualifications: Qualifications needed
Bachelor’s degree in a related field. No prior experience is necessary
Preferable Work Experience: Two years of experience in Information Systems or Cybersecurity Information Systems
RECOMMENDED JOBS FOR YOU
Construction Jobs Hiring in Florida [Apply Now]
Full-time Data Entry Jobs from Home [Apply Now]
2 Construction Jobs Hiring in Las Vegas [Apply Now]
Requirements: The requirements include
- Should have a wide range of experience with TCP/IP networking, including DNS, SMTP, DHCP, and other networking services.
- You should be familiar with the different operating systems, such as Windows, macOS, and Linux-variants, including their file system structures, system services, and typical behavior of endpoints and servers.
- Additionally, you should have experience with cloud-based services, including Microsoft Office 365 and Azure productivity tools.
About the company:
UTMB Health is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, , age, national origin, sex, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. Additionally, following the VEVRAA federal contractor guidelines, they are committed to taking affirmative action to hire and advance women, protected veterans, minorities, and individuals with disabilities.
This position supports the IT security environment and resources to ensure systems remain secure from unauthorized access. They assist in identifying, investigating, and reporting any misuse, fraud, or abuse of IT systems and applications. This role is supervised directly.
Responsibilities: Employee Responsibilities include
- Complete the CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) training and successfully take the associated certification exam within 90 days of hire.
- Additionally, fulfill the assigned shifts, including 24x7x365 coverage of Tier 1 SOC duties.
- A Conduct triage of alerts from on-premises and cloud-based security Details and event management systems, intrusion detection systems, antivirus, cloud-based services, windows servers, network infrastructure, data loss prevention systems, user behavior analytics systems, and user-submitted security inquiries
- Implement basic security controls to protect against malicious software propagation and unauthorized disclosure of confidential information
- Evaluate alerts for Tier 2 investigation based on severity and prioritize incident response activities
- Suggest process improvements and approaches to reduce false positive alerts and improve SOC workflow procedures
- Take part in incident response efforts and create after-action reports.
- Engage in continuous skill development to strengthen incident response capabilities in complex investigations
- Follow internal controls and reporting structure.
- Adhere to related practice standards, processes, and procedures
- Carry out other duties as assigned by management
How to apply: If qualified, use the link below to apply
This cybersecurity analyst role is an excellent opportunity for those seeking a challenging and rewarding remote position with flexible shifts that can include nights and weekends. It is a great way to build experience and a career in the field of cybersecurity. This is your job if you are ready to take on the challenge of protecting businesses and their customers from cyber threats.