Are you tired of working the same 9-5 job in the city, stuck behind a desk all day? Do you dream of getting back to nature and working with your hands? If so, then a career on a farm might be just what you’re looking for.
The good news is that plenty of farm jobs in Canada offer free visa sponsorship. This article will highlight 10 of the top farm jobs in Canada with free visa sponsorship for 2023.
From working with animals to growing and harvesting crops, there’s something for everyone. So if you’re ready for a change of pace and a chance to work outside, read on to learn more about these exciting opportunities.
Check out other latest Jobs here
Job Description of a Farm Worker
A farm worker is responsible for performing manual labour tasks on a farm. This may include planting, cultivating, harvesting crops, and caring for livestock.
Farm workers may also maintain and repair farm equipment, buildings, and fences.
They may work with various animals, including cows, pigs, chickens, and horses. In addition to physical labour, farm workers may also be responsible for keeping records of their tasks and the farm’s production.
They may work long hours, particularly during planting and harvesting seasons, and may be required to work weekends and holidays.
Farm work can be physically demanding and may involve working outside in all weather conditions. Some farm workers are responsible for overseeing the work of other workers and may have supervisory duties.
Requirements for Farm Jobs in Canada with Free Visa Sponsorship
To work on a farm in Canada, you will generally need to meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a valid passport or other travel documents
- Meet the medical and character requirements for a temporary work visa
- Have a job offer from a Canadian farmer
- Be able to perform the duties of the job you are applying for. This may include physical labour and work outside in various weather conditions.
- Communicate effectively in English or French, depending on the region where you work.
- Be able to pass a criminal background check, as some farm jobs may involve handling food or working with animals.
- Have a clean bill of health and pass a medical examination.
- Have the necessary vaccinations and be able to provide proof of vaccination.
- Have the necessary documents to enter and work in Canada, such as a temporary work visa.
- Be willing to work flexible hours, as farm work often requires long hours and may involve working on weekends and holidays.
Salary of a Farm Worker in Canada
According to the Government of Canada’s job bank, the average annual salary for a farm worker in Canada is $22,000/yr.
However, this can vary widely depending on the farm type, the farm worker’s specific duties, and the region where they work.
Some farm workers may earn higher or lower salaries depending on their level of experience and education, as well as the demand for their skills and the cost of living in their area.
10 Farm Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in Canada
Here are 10 farm jobs that offer visa sponsorship in Canada:
- Farm Manager: A farm manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of a farm, including crop production, livestock management, and financial planning.
- Crop Farm Worker: Crop farm workers are responsible for planting, cultivating, and harvesting crops.
- Livestock Farm Worker: Livestock farm workers are responsible for the care and management of livestock on a farm, including feeding, watering, and monitoring the health of the animals.
- Greenhouse Worker: Greenhouse workers are responsible for cultivating and caring for plants in a greenhouse setting.
- Farm Supervisor: A farm supervisor is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the work of other farm workers, as well as maintaining farm equipment and facilities.
- Agricultural Technician: Agricultural technicians are responsible for assisting with the scientific aspects of farming, including soil and water testing, pest control, and crop production.
- Agricultural Sales Representative: Agricultural sales representatives promote and sell agricultural products and services to farmers and other industry professionals.
- Agricultural Engineer: Agricultural engineers are responsible for designing and developing new systems and technologies for farming and agricultural production.
- Agricultural Economist: Agricultural economists study and analyze economic trends and issues related to agriculture, including market conditions, production costs, and policy.
- Agricultural Consultant: Agricultural consultants provide advice and recommendations to farmers and other industry professionals on various topics, including production methods, business management, and marketing strategies.
How to Apply for Farm Jobs in Canada with Free Visa Sponsorship
If you are interested in working on a farm in Canada, there are a few visa options. One option is to apply for a temporary work permit through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program.
This program allows foreign workers to come to Canada to work in various industries, including farming. To be eligible for a temporary work permit, you must have a job offer from a Canadian employer and meet certain requirements, such as the necessary education and work experience.
Another option is to apply for permanent residence through the Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
This program is designed for foreign workers who have already gained work experience in Canada and want to apply for permanent residence.
To be eligible for the CEC, you must have at least one year of full-time (or equivalent part-time) work experience in Canada in a skilled occupation (National Occupational Classification skill level 0, A, or B).
Farming is considered a skilled occupation, so if you have worked on a farm in Canada for at least one year, you may be eligible for the CEC.
A few provincial nominee programs also allow foreign workers to apply for permanent residence in Canada through a stream specifically for agriculture and farming.
These programs vary by province, so you must check with the specific province where you are interested in working to see if this option is available.
It is important to note that obtaining a visa to work on a farm in Canada can be a complex process, and it is advisable to seek the assistance of an immigration lawyer or a licensed immigration consultant to help with the application process.
Farm jobs in Canada with free visa sponsorship offer unique opportunities for individuals looking to work and live in Canada.
Not only do these jobs provide a chance to work in the agriculture industry, but they also include the added benefit of living and working in Canada on a legal visa.
These job openings are often in high demand and can lead to long-term employment and even the possibility of obtaining permanent residency.
If you are interested in working in the agriculture industry and want to make a new life in Canada, consider searching for farm jobs that offer free visa sponsorship.