This article will outline the housekeeping jobs in Canada with work permits in 2023. Canada is known for its beautiful landscapes and welcoming culture, making it an attractive destination for people looking to work and live abroad.
If you’re considering a move to Canada, a job in housekeeping may be an excellent option for you. In this article, we will provide an overview of the housekeeping industry in Canada, including job duties, salary expectations, and the process for obtaining a work permit.
We will also highlight some of the top companies and locations in Canada that are hiring housekeeping staff. Whether you’re an experienced housekeeper or new to the field, this post will give you the information you need to start your career in Canada.
How to get Housekeeping Jobs in Canada with Work Permit
There are several steps you can take to increase your chances of obtaining an executive housekeeping job in Canada as a foreigner:
- Obtain a work visa: To work in Canada, you will need to get a work visa. Several types of work visas are available, and the one that is right for you will depend on your circumstances. You can learn more about the different types of work visas available and how to apply for them on the Government of Canada’s immigration website.
- Build your skills and experience: Executive housekeeping jobs typically require a combination of education and experience. If you have a degree in hospitality management or a related field, that can be helpful. It would help if you also tried to gain as much experience as possible working in hotels or other types of accommodation.
- Network and apply for jobs: Networking is key when finding a job in any field, and the hospitality industry is no exception. Attend industry events, join professional organizations, and reach out to people in the industry to build your network and learn about job openings. You should also regularly check job boards and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
- Consider working as a housekeeping supervisor or manager first: If you are having trouble finding an executive housekeeping job, consider starting as a housekeeping supervisor or manager and working your way up. This will allow you to gain experience and build your skills, making you a more competitive candidate for executive positions in the future.
- Be prepared to relocate: Depending on where you are coming from, you may need to relocate to a different city or region in Canada to find an executive housekeeping job. Keep this in mind as you search for opportunities, and be willing to consider positions in different parts of the country.
- NICU Travel Nurse Jobs in Canada with Good Salaries
- 10 Caregiver Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in Canada 2023
- 10 Hotel Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in Canada 2023
- Dental Assistant Jobs In Las Vegas [Apply Now]
How Much is the Salary of a Housekeeper in Canada?
A housekeeper’s salary in Canada can vary depending on factors such as the individual’s level of experience, education, and the specific job duties being performed.
In general, housekeepers in Canada may earn an hourly wage ranging from $15 to $25 per hour.
This can translate to an annual salary of around $30,000 to $50,000 per year, depending on the number of hours worked per week.
It is important to note that these figures are estimates and may vary based on the specific job and location.
It is always best to check with the employer for their specific wage and benefit offerings.
What are the Duties of a Housekeeper?
A housekeeper is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and organization of a home or commercial facility. Specific duties may vary depending on the employer and the size and type of the facility, but typical tasks for a housekeeper may include:
- Cleaning and dusting all rooms, including bedrooms, bathrooms, and common areas
- Vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping floors.
- Washing and drying laundry, including sheets and towels
- Changing bed linens and making beds
- Cleaning and organizing closets and storage areas
- Washing dishes and ensuring that the kitchen is clean and organized
- Replacing light bulbs and other maintenance tasks as needed
- Assisting with grocery shopping and meal preparation as needed
- Managing and organizing household supplies and linens
- Taking out the trash and recycling
Housekeepers may also be responsible for managing the schedules of other household staff, such as gardeners and cleaners, and coordinating with external service providers, such as pest control or carpet cleaning companies. In some cases, they may also be responsible for managing budgets and ordering supplies.
Which province is the Best for housekeeping Jobs in Canada?
It is difficult to determine which specific province is the best for housekeeping jobs in Canada, as it can depend on various factors such as the job market, the local economy, and the availability of housekeeping positions.
That being said, some provinces with large cities and a strong hospitality industry, such as Ontario, Quebec, and British Columbia, may have a higher demand for housekeeping jobs. These provinces are home to many hotels, resorts, and other types of accommodation that typically employ housekeeping staff.
It is also worth considering the cost of living in each province, as this can affect the availability and pay for housekeeping jobs.
It is recommended to do some research and explore job opportunities in different provinces to determine which is the best fit for you.
Some resources you may find helpful include job search websites, local job fairs, and networking with industry professionals.
Skills and Qualifications for Housekeeping Jobs in Canada 2023
Housekeeping jobs in Canada typically require the following skills and qualifications:
- Attention to detail: Housekeeping staff are responsible for cleaning and maintaining guest rooms and public areas to a high standard. This requires a keen eye for detail and the ability to identify and address any areas that need attention.
- Physical stamina: Housekeeping can be physically demanding, as it often involves walking, standing, and lifting for long periods. Staff should be able to tolerate these physical demands and work efficiently to meet their responsibilities.
- Customer service skills: Housekeeping staff often interact with guests and should be able to provide excellent customer service. This includes being polite, friendly, and helpful and being able to handle any customer inquiries or complaints in a professional manner.
- Communication skills: Housekeeping staff should be able to communicate effectively with guests, supervisors, and other team members. This may involve speaking in English, as it is the primary language in Canada, as well as any additional languages, if applicable.
- Time management skills: Housekeeping staff are often responsible for completing a high volume of tasks in a short period of time. Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks are essential for success in this role.
- Teamwork: Housekeeping staff often work as part of a team and should be able to collaborate and support one another in order to meet the needs of the guests and the overall operation of the facility.
- Flexibility: Housekeeping staff may be required to work varying shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays. It is important to be flexible and adapt to changing schedules as needed.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, some employers may require housekeeping staff to have a high school diploma or equivalent and previous experience in housekeeping or a related field. It is also essential to be reliable and punctual, as well as to have a professional appearance and demeanor.
Housekeeping jobs in Canada can be an excellent opportunity for those with a work permit in 2023. These positions offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, and the chance to work in a variety of settings, such as hotels, resorts, and private homes.To find a housekeeping job in Canada, it is vital to research job openings and apply to positions that match your skills and experience.
It is also helpful to network with industry professionals and consider joining a professional association to increase your chances of finding a job in this field. With hard work and dedication, you can build a successful career in housekeeping in Canada.