Are you searching for how to apply for the TETFUND Scholarship 2023/24? Then this article is for you! The student will learn more about the deadline for the scholarship, the application process, and eligibility requirements.
TETFUND scholarship is a great opportunity for people to access quality higher education and a great way to fund their studies.
TETFUND is an agency (a federal government agency) in Nigeria that funds tertiary education. The organization was established in 2011 to increase access to quality tertiary education in Nigeria primarily. The TETFUND scholarship program is one of the ways the organization supports students.
The TETFUND scholarship program is a competitive scholarship given to people (students) who have excelled and improved academically. For the duration of the applicant’s studies, the scholarship program covers the total cost of tuition and educational expenses.
You may also be interested in Heinrich boll foundation scholarships in Germany 2023/24
TETFUND Scholarship Requirement
For a candidate to be eligible for a TETFUND scholarship, they must:
• Be a Nigerian citizen
• The applicant (candidate) must be enrolled in a postgraduate or full-time undergraduate program at a Nigerian tertiary institution
• Applicant must have a minimum CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) of 3.5 or its equivalent
• The applicant must not be a recipient of any other form of scholarship and financial aid
TETFUND Scholarship Deadline
The TETFUND scholarship deadline for 2023 is May 31st. Applicants should ensure to submit their application before the stated deadline.
How to Apply For TETFUND Scholarship
All submissions from beneficiary universities and colleges recommending the use of the ASTD intervention are expected to be accompanied by the minutes of the relevant selection committees [TETFund Interventions Implementation Committee, Academic Board Committee, or Deans and Directors Committee].
• Applications for scholarships program is processed for payment en bloc by the Fund at two different times of the year: the month of May for those student starting their study program in September and the month of October for a student starting their study program in January of the following year; all submissions are expected to be accompanied by supporting documents (Bond Form, Resume’ of Applicant, Admission Letter, Filled TETFund Nomination Form, Schedule of tuition fees from the University, Medical Form).
• Prospective scholars are expected to obtain a tuition fee invoice from their various intended training institutions that list the total amount payable as tuition for the whole duration of the study program. The invoice is to be submitted to TETFund along with their Admission letters.
• The above invoice must include the total fee payable for the whole study duration, not just 1 year, as it has been the practice in the past. The invoice must include the prospective scholar’s full name and the bank account information for the institution where the tuition fee will be paid.
• The details must include the following: Bank Name, Bank Address, Account Number, Total Amount Payable for the Course Duration (shown on the invoice), ABA Routing No (For Institutions in the USA)/ SWIFT/BIC Code, Sort Code, IBAN No for Europe and UK Institutions, Transit code (for Institutions in Canada), and IFSC Number for Indian Institutions and other parameters that allow payment of the applicable fees.
The Fund only accepts scholarship applications that comply with this mandatory requirement.
• Submissions should include a soft copy on a memory stick prepared in MS Excel; this following the approved template and the hard copy. Advance soft copies must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
• Before any applicants begin a program, approval from the Fund is expected to be sought and obtained. Without approval from the Fund, no request for reimbursement of expenses will be entertained (incurred by beneficiaries).
• All successful applicants for sponsorship would receive a scholarship award letter from their various institutions detailing their fees, entitlement, and other terms.
• Requesting for change to the sponsorship cost can’t be considered once approval has been granted. Funds have been released to the beneficiary institutions.
• Following vetting, the Fund will notify the beneficiary institution and the individual applicant of its denial and approvals. Afterward, their institutions are to reimburse successful scholars for their living expenses, allowing the scholars to begin their study fellowship.
• The receiver’s institutions are reminded of the essence of opening a domiciliary account to facilitate the easy administration of funds for their foreign-based scholars.
• Once this process has been completed, evidence of compliance must be forwarded to TETFund; yearly progress reports on each student under the scheme are expected to be provided to the Fund by all receivers institutions using the approved reporting template.
• Failure for the institutions to submit a progress report will result in future disbursements; tuition fees will have to be paid directly to the foreign institution by the Fund;
• Ph.D. Students’ living expenses should be paid to the student’s account annually after they have received a satisfactory progress report;
• For consideration, all Ph.D. dissertations of successful returnees should be submitted to the Fund by the beneficiary Institution in both hard and soft copies.
• All submissions for ASTD sponsorship should include 60 percent (%) science and technology courses and 40 percent (%) social science and arts courses.
• The Fund now sponsors Ph.D. courses for four years (where applicable).
• All prospective students (scholars) who wish to be sponsored by the Fund and will begin their study programs in the Month of September are expected to submit their applications for sponsorship to the Fund before May 31st. Those student beginning their studies in January of the following year is expected to submit their applications to the Fund for processing before May 31st.
Applying for the TETFUND scholarship program is a competitive process. To increase people’s chances of being awarded the scholarship, they must follow the instructions outlined in this article. They can start by submitting their online application form, and then attach all necessary documents.
Once they have submitted their application, they should wait for a decision from the panel (TETFUND). If they are successful, they will be notified and asked to provide additional information.