If you are seeking how to register for IELTS British Council in Nigeria, this very article is meant for you because it will discuss the following:
- How to register for IELTS British Council in Nigeria
- British Council IELTS registration fee with website links.
- How to pay for British Council IELTS in Nigeria
- How to prepare for IELTS British Council
- British council IELTS test dates in Nigeria 2023
What is the British Council for IELTS?
The IELTS British Council is a worldwide organization that administers the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The IELTS is an English language proficiency test used by universities and employers to evaluate the English language skills of non-native English speakers.
The British Council is devoted to setting the highest standards of quality and fairness in the IELTS test and supporting test takers with their English language needs.
The British Council is a world-leading institution for international education and cultural exchange. For over 75 years, the British Council has offered educational services to students globally, including the IELTS test. IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is an internationally known language proficiency test for non-native English speakers that evaluates the four language skills: listening, reading, writing, and speaking.
The British Council is one of the largest IELTS test providers globally, providing over 3,500 test dates in over 140 countries. The British Council also provides a wide range of online resources, such as practice tests and online tutorials, to help students prepare for the IELTS test. Below are the tips on How to register for IELTS British Council in Nigeria
How to Register for IELTS British Council in Nigeria in 2023
Below are the steps on how to register for IELTS British Council in Nigeria in 2023
1. Visit the IELTS British Council Nigeria website at https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/test-taker-portal
2. Click on the “Register for an Exam” button.
3. Select the type of test you wish to take (academic or general training).
4. Enter your personal and contact information, including name, address, phone number, email address, and date of birth.
5. Select the date and time of the test you wish to take.
6. Select a payment method: bank transfer or credit/debit card.
7. After payment, you will receive an email confirming your registration.
8. Print out your confirmation or approval and bring it to the test center on the day of your exam.
British Council IELTS registration fee with website links.
Here are the British Council IELTS registration fees with the website:
The IELTS registration fee varies depending on the country in which you are taking the test. For example, in the UK, the IELTS fee is £150. You may obtain more detailed information about the IELTS registration fee for your country on the official IELTS website:https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/book-test
In addition, the British Council website also has detailed information about IELTS registration fees. You can get the fee information from the website above.
You can learn more from the video below:
How to Pay for IELTS Tests in Nigeria
Let’s guide you on how to pay for IELTS tests in Nigeria.
You can pay in two ways: via Bank Draft and direct bank transfer.
Suppose you are not able to make payment through the bank transfer option. In that case, you can otherwise raise a bank draft in favor of the British Council from any Nigerian bank and hand it in at any British Council offices in Nigeria.
Via Bank Transfer
A bank transfer from First Bank, Guaranty Trust Bank, or Zenith Bank using the proper account numbers listed below, including the code for the month of exams (on the table below) and the last two digits of the International Passport Number.
• 995102 – For IELTS Abuja, Benin, or Enugu
• 995202 – For IELTS test in Lagos, Abeokuta or Ibadan
• 995302 – For the IELTS test in Port Harcourt
|Month of Exam||Month Code|
For example, the complete account number for Abuja IELTS in April for an applicant with a passport number that ends with 31 will be 9951020131
1. Choose Standard Chartered Bank as the beneficiary bank. And the account name is The British Council.
2. In the remark field, enter the complete reference number and the candidate’s name, e.g., NG150-127815-2630 -Odoh Chinonyelum.
3. After the complete transfer, it is crucial to send a proof (payment summary slip or screenshot) of the fund transfer, reference number, and applicant name to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24hrs.
The information above is obtained from www.britishcouncil.org.ng.
1. It is vital to enter the correct information(candidate name and reference number)in the fields to avoid delays in tracing your payment.
2. It might take up to 72hrs. To get validation of any payment made through bank transfer.
3. You can communicate with any British Council offices in Port Harcourt, Lagos, Abuja, or Kano if you are still waiting for payment confirmation within five working days of completing the transfer.
British council IELTS test dates in Nigeria 2023
You can click here to start your search and get the dates
How to prepare for IELTS British Council
Here’s a guide on how to prepare for and pass the IELTS British Council.
1. Get familiar with the IELTS format
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is an internationally recognized English language proficiency test. It is divided into four sections: reading, writing, listening, and speaking. It would help if you took some time to familiarize yourself with the format of the test and the types of questions you may be asked.
2. Improve your English language skills
You must understand English grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation to do well in the IELTS. When you are a non-native English speaker, you should consider taking an English course or private lessons to help you improve your language skills.
3. Practice with IELTS sample tests
Many free tests are accessible online. Take advantage of these to help you better understand the types of questions you may be asked and the test format.
4. Make a study plan
Make a study plan to ensure you are well-prepared for the test. Please look at the topics that will likely come up in the test and ensure you cover them.
5. Take a British Council course
The British Council offers a range of IELTS preparation courses to help you prepare for the test. These courses are designed to help you improve your English language skills and give you an understanding of the test format.
6. Relax and remain confident
The best thing you can do to prepare for the IELTS is to remain calm and confident. Make sure you get plenty of rest before the test, and remember to trust your skills and knowledge.
The IELTS British Council in Nigeria is a brilliant choice for those seeking to further their education or chase a career in a foreign country. It offers various services and resources to help individuals prepare for the IELTS exam and effectively attain their desired results. With the help of qualified coaches and tutors, the IELTS British Council in Nigeria can help you achieve the highest possible score on the test and gain admission to the best universities and other educational opportunities worldwide.