If you are an international student looking for the cheapest medical school in the UK, this article is for you. Here we have compiled a list of the top 10 cheapest medical schools in the UK for international students.
We have also provided some useful tips on how to choose the right medical school and how to finance your studies.
Choosing the right medical school is a very important decision. You need to make sure that you choose a school that is right for you, both in terms of cost and quality of education.
We hope that this article will help you make the right decision and choose the right medical school for you.
- Top Universities In Florida For International Students 2023
- 10 Best Medical Schools in Europe Taught in English
- 7 Medical Schools With Free Tuition in New York
10 Cheapest Medical School in UK for International Students
#1. Bristol University
The University of Bristol has its roots in two schools: Merchant Venturers’ school (1595) and University College, Bristol (1876). It was given a royal charter in 1909 and is now home to many students from many different cultures. When it comes to money, the fees for the five-year MBChB program are as follows:
International students must pay GBP 36,800 (USD 49,900) in tuition fees. The cost of living is £9,000 ($12,200) per year. Each Year
Not only does it give them a comfortable place to live, but it also gives them access to skilled teaching staff and research libraries with the latest technology. The University of Bristol offers courses in the Arts, Engineering, Social Sciences, Law, Sciences, and Life Sciences, in addition to Health Sciences.
#2. Dundee University
It is one of the best colleges and universities in Scotland. It was started in 1881. At first, it was part of the University of St. Andrews, United College, and St. Mary’s College. In 1967, it became a university that stood on its own. But despite the new buildings, it stuck to its traditional way of running things and giving good education. When it comes to tuition, the fees for the five-year MBChB program are as follows:
- International students must pay GBP 47,475 ($64,390) in tuition fees.
- The price of lodging is GBP 10,000 ($13,560). Each Year
It is now a public research university where people from all over the world come to study. It has the best education in medicine, art and design, life sciences, dentistry, education, social work, humanities, nursery and health sciences, science and engineering, and social sciences.
#3. Manchester University
The University of Manchester is a red-brick university. It was made when the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology and the Victoria University of Manchester joined in 2004. In addition to courses in many different faculties, it has some of the best courses in the healthsciences faculty. When it comes to tuition fees, the five-year MBChB program needs the following financial structure:
- International students must pay GBP 29,000 ($39,330) for their first and second school years. Each Year.
- Fees for third, fourth, and fifth-year international students are GBP 48,000 (USD 65,100). Each Year
- Living costs are GBP 10,000 (USD 13,560) Each Year
Many students from all over the world come to this university. One interesting thing about its buildings is that they are not in a separate campus area. Instead, they are part of the city of Manchester, and its covered area is also home to many buildings that are not part of the university.
#4. Aberdeen University
International students want to go to the University of Aberdeen to study medicine because it is one of the best and cheapest schools for this. It was set up in 1495 when King’s College was built.
The King’s College was started by the Bishop of Aberdeen and the Chancellor of Scotland so that doctors could be trained there. The fees for the five-year MBChB program are as follows:
- International students must pay GBP 46,000 (USD 62,370) in tuition fees.
- Cost of living: GBP 9,000 (USD 12,200) per year. Each Year
Aberdeen is one of the most beautiful and historically significant places, and this institution is right in the middle. This cheap medical school in the UK has courses in medicine, but they also have courses in other fields. It is also a well-known school, and every year, more and more people want to go there.
#5. Swansea University School of Medicine
It is one of the medical schools in the UK that is making the most progress. In 2004, it was set up. Aside from that, it has teaching centers spread out across South and West Wales. For example, in Swansea, there are the Cefn Coed Hospital, the Singleton Hospital, and the Morriston Hospital.
It gives its students a great place to do research and a teaching staff that is among the best in the world. The five-year MBChB program has the following tuition fee structure:
- Costs of tuition for students from other countries: GBP 39,750 (USD 53,900) Each Year
- The price of lodging is GBP 9,000 (USD 12,200). Each Year
The University of Swansea is a well-known university. Students get a taste of clinical practice in the first year of the four-year MBBCH program. Along with its Medicine (Graduate Entry), the MBBCH program also offers other medical undergraduate courses, such as BSc Applied Medical Sciences, BSc Biochemistry, BSc Genetics, BSc Medical Biochemistry, BSc Medical Genetics, BSc Biochemistry, and Genetics.
#6. Birmingham University
It is the fourth largest university in the UK and is in Edgbaston, which is in the city of Birmingham. It is the first English civic university. It replaced Queen’s College and Mason Science College and got its royal charter in 1900. The fees for the five-year MBChB program are as follows:
- International students must pay GBP £23,310 (USD $31,610) for their first and second school years. Each Year
- Fees for third, fourth, and fifth-year international students are GBP 39,960 (USD 54,190). Each Year
- The cost of living is GBP 9,000 (USD 12,200). Each Year
The 2019 QS World University Rankings put it as the 14th-best university in the UK. It gives its students the best place to do research and the best health professionals. It has centers of excellence in cancer, heart disease, pharmacy, immunology, endocrinology, and neuroscience.
#7. King’s College in London
King’s College London is known as one of the best places to learn in the world. It was founded in 1829 and was one of the first schools at the University of London. In addition, it is part of the federal University of London and has five campuses. It gives its students the best environment for learning, and the tuition fees for the five-year MBChB program are set up as follows:
- The cost of tuition for students from outside the UK is GBP 42,840 ($58,100). Each Year
- The cost of living is £9,000 (12,200 USD). Each Year
- This cheap medical school in the UK has beautiful buildings on all its campuses and substantial research libraries.
It offers a high level of education in the areas of Arts and Humanities, Dentistry, Oral and Craniofacial Sciences, Life Sciences and Medicine, Psychiatry, Psychology, Neuroscience, Law, Natural and Mathematical Sciences, Business, Nursing, and Social Sciences.
#8. Edinburgh University
The University of Edinburgh is a public researcher. It is one of the oldest universities in the English-speaking world and one of the four oldest universities in Scotland.
- According to the QS Ranking 2022, it is ranked 16th.
- Medicine MBChB is the program offered.
- Length: The program will last for six years.
- Cost of tuition: The tuition per year is 33,700 GBP (approx 33,91,040 INR). There are many different ways for students to get money to pay for their education.
#9. Imperial College London
Imperial College London is a private research university in London. It is called the Imperial College of Science, Technology, and Medicine by law. Only 14% of people accept it.
- The QS Rankings 2022 put it in seventh place.
- Medicine MB BS is the program.
- It takes six years to finish the course.
- Course Fee: The course fee is 45,300 GBP per year (approx 45,58,280 INR)
#10. University College London
UCL, which stands for University College London, is a large public research university in London, England. It has the most postgraduate students and is the second-largest university in the UK in total enrollment. It is a part of the Federal University of London as well. 38% of people who apply to the university are accepted.
- It is number 8 on the QS Rankings 2023 list.
- Program Offered: Medicine MB BS
- Duration: The program duration is six years.
- Tuition Fee: The tuition fee of the program per annum is 34,660 GBP (approx 34,87,640 INR)
Schools mentioned above offer an excellent education at an affordable price, and it is a great option for students looking to save money on their medical school education.
We hope that this information will be helpful for students who are looking to study medicine in the UK on a budget.