The University of British Columbia (UBC), a world-leading center of teaching, learning, and research excellence, is among the top twenty universities worldwide. With its two main campuses, which are set in Vancouver and Kelowna, UBC has appeared as one of the most desirable universities for undergraduate and graduate studies.
The University of British Columbia, with its motto “It is Yours,” UBC intends to create a progressive environment for its students from where they can grow, transform and get equipped to modify society. UBC provides many short-time and full-time courses to its students in various fields. For these reasons, there is tough competition to become a part of this respected and prestigious institution. Read this blog to learn about the University of British Columbia admission requirements and acceptance rate.
UBC Admission Requirements and Acceptance Rate for 2023/24
The University of British Columbia Admission Requirements:
1. A minimum GPA of 3.0 or 86% for undergraduate Admission
2. An overall average of 76% for Admission to graduate programs is required.
The information in this article offers the primary and general requirements that the students are required to meet for different stages and levels of courses. Different eligibility and qualification limitations are set for different courses. Students can get complete information course-wise on the certified and official website.
- 2023/2024 Dartmouth Transfer Acceptance Rate, Requirements and Application
- How to Register for IELTS British Council in Nigeria in 2023
- 7 Best Ways to Practice for SAT Exam in Nigeria 2023
Eligibility and the Required Documents for the University of British Columbia Admission
Undergraduate Eligibility and qualification
- 12th grade in applicable and relevant stream with a minimum of 85 percent aggregate
- TOEFL: Least score of 90 total with at least 22 in each section
- English proficiency score of either:
- IELTS: Minimum 6.5 bands total with at least six bands in each section
- PTE Academic: Least score of 65 total with at least 60 in each section
Undergraduate Documents Required
- A valid passport
- An academic transcript of school
- English proficiency scores/certificates
Application and how to apply for undergraduate Admission at the University of British Columbia
- Plan for UBC
- Decide on what to study
- Create your profile
- Fill out the application
- Your application and COVID-19
Eligibility and Documents needed for the University of British Columbia Postgraduate Admission
A four-year B.Sc. with a 1st class/division with 65 percent aggregate or a CGPA of 8 on a 10-point scale
A degree needed: B.Sc. in Engineering, Medicine, and Forestry.
English proficiency score in one of these:
- IELTS: At least 6.5 bands total, with at least six bands in each section
- PTE Academic: Least score of 65 total with at least 60 in each of the sections
- TOEFL: Least score of 90 total with at least 22 in reading and listening also 21 in writing and speaking. 55 each in writing, reading, and listening in the paper-based exam and 4.0 in the Test of Written English (TWE).
- Duolingo English Test: Total: 125. Note that the university will only take the Duolingo English Test from students in nations with no English proficiency test. Writing samples and Videos should equally show a solid command of the English language.
Application for postgraduate Admission at the University of British Columbia?
- Check Your Eligibility Status.
- Meet the Deadlines
- Get Ready for Your Applications
Application and Tuition Fees for the University of British Columbia
There are some application fees required:
International applicants and candidates must pay a non-refundable fee during the application. It differs with courses. To give you a clue about the application fee, below are the program types and the application fees:
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. Master’s Degree
The payment is required to be done online using a Visa Credit Card or MasterCard alone. You can only use a Canadian Debit Card if you wish to use a debit card. UBC equally receives Interac/debit payments from the Interac network back account owners with Royal Bank of Canada or TD Canada Trust.
Waiver in application fee is provided to applicants and candidates belonging to the world’s 50 smallest developed countries as per the United Nations. India does not fall in this group, so Indian applicants and candidates are not eligible and qualified to apply for a fee waiver.
Note: Applicants who wish to apply for the graduate programs in the Department of Chemistry at the University of British Columbia’s Vancouver campus are not charged an application fee.
Undergraduate Program Application
If you want to apply to an undergraduate course, please visit here
Register to the official website and remember to follow the exact instructions.
The University of British Columbia, Vancouver – Latest Notifications
- January 21, 2023: Applications out for UBC Vancouver MBA 3rd Round. The last date to apply is March 14, 2023. Apply Soon!
The UBC admissions are available in 3 openings: Summer, Winter, and Fall. Most undergraduate courses’ admissions are closed for both Winter and Summer intake. The average GPA for University of British Columbia admissions was verified to be about 3.6 on a scale of 4.0, corresponding to 90 percent. With an acceptance rate of over 57 percent for undergraduate and about 25 percent for postgraduate courses, the admission process at UBC is competitive.
- Programs Obtainable: UBC offers 41 undergraduate programs in various specialisms and more than 300 graduate programs. The courses at UBC are science, business, art, engineering, education, medicine and engineering, and others.
- Admission Requirements: A GPA of 3.0 or 86 percent for undergraduate Admission and a total average of 76 percent for Admission to graduate programs is needed.
- Enrollment: The UBC Vancouver campus is home to 58,768 students, with 47,400 undergraduates and 11,368 graduate students. International students constitute 21.8 percent of the university’s overall enrollment.
The University of British Columbia Admission Deadlines
UBC provides undergraduate and postgraduate programs alongside combined or joined academic programs and exchange programs.
This university has 85 academic units to give its national and international students, with about 330 programs. While looking for Admission to the university, it is hugely advised to save track of the deadlines and submit applications before March 14, 2023.
This ensures improved chances of enrolment and gives an applicant or candidate enough time to plan for the activities in advance.
As a worldwide top-40 university, UBC Vancouver’s research-intensive campus is a place for optimistic concepts and a starting point for an exploit, both within and outside the learning environment. With its diverse community and award-winning professors, the University of British Columbia’s Vancouver campus allows you to learn from some of the top faculty globally, contribute to projects with worldwide significance, and have the liberty to grow your academic interests.